Operational Benefits of a Geothermal System
Heat and cool your home the most cost efficient way with geothermal comfort systems, reliable, well proven technology, using green, clean, safe ground source energy. With energy efficiency rating of up to 500%, geothermal systems can save homeowners up to 70% in heating and cooling costs. Homeowners with outside swimming pools benefit from a free source of water heating thermal energy.
For cost reduction incentives to assist home owners please go to “Economic Incentives” tab.
Major ownership benefits:
- Free energy, forever (you do not pay for the energy source; the only operational expense is the extraction of geothermal heat from the ground, a fraction of the cost of heating and cooling via traditional sources of energy).
- Lower operational costs.
- Lower maintenance cost.
- Up to 60% lower maintenance cost vs conventional systems.
- Quiet, no need for noisy outdoor condensers.
- Natural air humidity retained, unlike conventional gas fired furnaces.
Long life span:
- Equipment’s life expectancy is 25 years+, underground loops – up to 200 years with 55-year warranty from manufacturer on material.
Lower energy consumption:
- 1kw of consumed electricity delivers up to 5kw of thermal energy.
- No gas consumption.
No need for fossil fuels:
- System utilizes underground renewable resources for heating and cooling needs.
- No fuel piping or associated controls.
- No need for an air makeup and exhaust piping as required for gas fired furnaces.
- No exposure to gas line ruptures, gas leaks, no carbon oxide discharge.
- Non-polluting, renewable, reliable energy, in unlimited quantities.
- Geothermal systems emit no harmful pollutants, indoors or outdoors. That means no carbon dioxide emissions, which are associated with the greenhouse effect and global warming.
- Geothermal Energy Solutions has years of experience providing maintenance of geothermal equipment.
EPA and Department of Energy, consumer and industry groups, and geothermal system owners all agree: Geothermal Heating and Cooling is considered one of the world’s greenest and most energy-efficient options for heating and air-conditioning.
EPA found that geothermal heating and cooling (geothermal heat pumps) systems can reduce energy consumption — and corresponding emissions—by more than 40% compared to air source heat pumps and by over 70% compared to electric resistance heating with standard air-conditioning equipment.
Geothermal systems use the Earth’s energy storage capability to heat and cool buildings, and to provide hot water. The Earth is a huge energy storage device that absorbs 47% of the Sun’s energy – more than 500 times more energy than mankind needs every year – in the form of clean, renewable energy. Geothermal systems take this heat during the heating season at an efficiency approaching or exceeding 400%, and return it during the cooling season.