Geothermal Energy Solutions, Inc – one of the oldest design-build contractors in Illinois with extensive experience in Geothermal and Conventional HVAC and Energy Recovery.
Geothermal energy is the most efficient, cost-effective way to provide heating and air conditioning for single family homes, apartment buildings, commercial buildings, offices, industrial structures year-round. The latest generation of geothermal systems requires less maintenance than a conventional HVAC system and is highly cost-effective. This is a well-proven technology with over 30 years of active use that can provide reliable, long term heating and air-conditioning from a renewable, natural source: the heat from the ground.
Geothermal technology is cost effective alternative to conventional HVAC for new construction and retrofit.
The cost of a geothermal system should be understood as a combination of installation and operational expenses. The benefits derived from lower operational expenses when using a geothermal system far outweigh a traditional HVAC system’s only advantage: initial lower cost. When coupled with current tax incentives and various rebates available today for renewable energy, the payback period for the incremental cost of a geothermal system versus the cost of conventional system can be as low as 3 years. After this period, the system serves as a source of significant operational savings for the life of system operation, paying out dividends every month.
Geothermal Energy Solutions is approved ComEd Energy Efficiency Trade Ally, have the Illinois Commerce Energy Efficiency Installer Certification and the GAOI design and installer accreditation.
As an authorized dealer we provide our customers the benefit of a direct equipment pricing.
Geothermal Energy Solutions, Inc. is a team of engineers, certified geothermal designers and installers capable of assisting property owners, architects and general contractors in the design, engineering and installation of highly efficient heating and air-conditioning systems.
- Over 300 projects completed since 1998.
- We have engineered and built geothermal HVAC systems for schools, public buildings, offices and warehouse structures, multi-family apartment buildings, shopping centers and single-family homes.
- We provide consulting services for property owners on energy efficiency.
- We always work as a team with Architects, Engineers and Contractors to achieve an owner’s goals.
- We understand property owners’ goals and can assist in lowering operational expenses of the buildings; our services have proven to increase properties values.
The list of services we offer includes but is not limited to:
- Design and drafting services for HVAC system construction plan drawings
- Duct sizing and design layout plan drawings
- Equipment piping sizing and design layout plan drawings
- Details, schematics, schedules, legends and control diagrams
- Mechanical equipment layouts, submissions
- As-built, permit drawings, specifications, coordination drawings, shop drawings and addendum
- Heat load calculations, duct – piping design and layout
- Equipment sizing, furnishing
- Entire system installations
- HVAC systems post construction Service Contracts
EPA found that geothermal heating and cooling (geothermal heat pumps) systems can reduce energy consumption — and corresponding emissions—by more than 40% compared to air source heat pumps and by over 70% compared to electric resistance heating with standard air-conditioning equipment.
Geothermal systems use the Earth’s energy storage capability to heat and cool buildings, and to provide hot water. The Earth is a huge energy storage device that absorbs 47% of the Sun’s energy – more than 500 times more energy than mankind needs every year – in the form of clean, renewable energy. Geothermal systems take this heat during the heating season at an efficiency approaching or exceeding 400%, and return it during the cooling season.