Geothermal Energy Solutions, Inc. is a team of engineers, certified geothermal designers and installers capable of assisting property owners, architects and general contractors in the design, engineering and installation of highly efficient heating and air-conditioning systems.
- Over 300 projects completed since 1998.
- We have engineered and built geothermal HVAC systems for schools, public buildings, offices and warehouse structures, multi-family apartment buildings, shopping centers and single-family homes.
- We provide consulting services for property owners on energy efficiency.
- We always work as a team with Architects, Engineers and Contractors to achieve an owner’s goals.
- We understand property owners’ goals and can assist in lowering operational expenses of the buildings; our services have proven to increase properties values.
The list of services we offer includes but is not limited to:
- Design and drafting services for HVAC system construction plan drawings
- Duct sizing and design layout plan drawings
- Equipment piping sizing and design layout plan drawings
- Details, schematics, schedules, legends and control diagrams
- Mechanical equipment layouts, submissions
- As-built, permit drawings, specifications, coordination drawings, shop drawings and addendum
- Heat load calculations, duct – piping design and layout
- Equipment sizing, furnishing
- Entire system installations
- HVAC systems post construction Service Contracts
Select experience profiles of the company principals are provided below:
Garry Birman, Ph.D. – Mr. Birman is responsible for management of the firm’s design-build operations. In addition to working one-on-one with clients, assisting them with new project development, he guides the firm’s engineering team and oversees the construction operations. Prior to founding Geothermal Energy Solutions, Mr. Birman was the owner and founder of the HVAC & Geotech Systems, Inc. (since the 2007 –Optimal Energy LLC, partner) – one of the first design-build geothermal firm in the Chicagoland. Since 1998 Mr. Birman has personally been involved in the successful design, engineering and installation of more than 300 geothermal projects for residential, institutional and commercial applications in the Chicago Metro area and in Europe.
Michael Vdovets, P.E has extensive construction management experience in commercial, industrial and residential projects. Mr. Vdovets had built nuclear power plants, office buildings, retail, industrial facilities and high-rise projects. His engineering experience includes engineering and design of the HVAC systems for nuclear power plants, offices, hotels and industrial facilities.