Geothermal Energy Solutions, Inc. is a team of engineers, certified geothermal designers and installers capable of assisting property owners, architects and general contractors in the design, engineering and installation of highly efficient heating and air-conditioning systems.
- We have engineered and built geothermal HVAC systems for schools, public buildings, multi-family high-rise systems, shopping centers and single family homes since 1998.
- We have provided consulting services for property owners on energy efficiency.
- We always work as a team with Architects, Engineers and Contractors to achieve an owner’s goals.
- We understand property owners’ goals and can assist in improving operations; our services have proven to increase properties values.
In business since 1998, we are experienced and ready to help you with all of your Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning needs. We help streamline your service requirements by taking-up your back-office MEP Engineering operations. You can focus towards your strategic core competencies, while rewarding yourself with rich specialized services that guarantee greater returns on your investment.
The list of services we offer includes but is not limited to:
- Design and drafting services for HVAC system construction plan drawings
- Duct sizing and design layout plan drawings
- Equipment piping sizing and design layout plan drawings
- Design, development and construction plan drawings
- Details, schematics, schedules, legends and control diagrams
- Mechanical equipment layouts, submissions
- As-built, permit drawings, specifications, coordination drawings, shop drawings and addendum
- Heat load calculations, duct – piping design and layout
- Equipment sizing, furnishing
- Entire system installations
- HVAC systems Service Contracts
Select experience profiles of the company principals are provided below:
Garry Birman, Ph.D. – Mr. Birman is responsible for management of the firm’s design-build operations. In addition to working one-on-one with clients, assisting them with new project development, he guides the firm’s engineering team and oversees the construction operations.
Prior to founding Geothermal Energy Solutions, Mr. Birman was the owner and founder of the HVAC & Geotech Systems, Inc. (since the 2007 –Optimal Energy LLC, partner) – one of the first design-build geothermal firm in the Chicagoland.
Since 1998 Mr. Birman has personally been involved in the successful design, engineering and installation of more than 200 geothermal projects for residential, institutional and commercial applications in the Chicago Metro area and in Europe.
Mr. Birman got his MS in HVAC Systems Design in Lvov Polytechnic Academy, Ukraine and his Ph.D. in Heat Transfer in Mining from Mining Academy, St. Petersburg, Russia. During his work as an Engineer and Researcher in 1980-1990 Mr. Birman registered twelve patents and published more than 20 publications. His more than 35-year experience in research and design-build of conventional and geothermal HVAC systems helps him to provide clients with exceptional engineering expertise.
Michael Vdovets, P.E has extensive construction management experience in commercial, industrial and residential projects. Mr. Vdovets had built nuclear power plants, office buildings, retail, industrial facilities and high-rise projects.
His engineering experience includes engineering and design of the HVAC systems for nuclear power plants, offices, hotels and industrial facilities.
Environmental Impact of the current use of geothermal systems is equivalent to:
- Taking close to 1,295,000 cars off the road
- Planting more than 385 million trees
- Reducing U.S. reliance on imported fuels by 21.5 million barrels of crude oil per year
- Elimination of more than 5.8 million metric tons of CO2 annually
- Elimination of more than 1.6 million metric tons of carbon equivalent annually
- Annual savings of nearly 8 billion kWh
- Annual savings of nearly 40 trillion BTU of fossil fuels
- Reduced electricity demand by more than 2.6 million kW.